CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 28, 2008

School

Ahh, school. It seems like I will never finish! It has become my personal goal to be the first in my family (on my mom's side) to get a Bachelors Degree. I'm not only doing this for me, but I'm doing it to prove to my family that it can be done, and that I'm not stupid for following my dream. I recently found out that I am only 8 classes away from entering the Elementary Education Program and starting the co-hort and my student teaching. I also found out that I am on the Dean's List for having had 2 Semesters, so far, of having a 3.5 GPA at the U! This just motivations more and who knows, maybe I'll graduate with honors!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Getting a degree is something to strive for! No matter what--it will never be a waste (though I think you'll agree with me that 1/2 of the classes up at the U seem to be). My husband will be the first sibling in his family to get a bachelor's (and he's the youngest) but it is something to be proud of for anyone. Congrats on making the Dean's list! My mom always asks about you and I'm happy when I have something neat to share! Hope you don't mind--I'll check in OFTEN!

Karen said...

Great news, the Dean's list is great, it will be better on your resume' when the job hunt comes in to play! I think it's great that you have such a drive to finish and get your degrees, you will be the best teacher ever and the kids are going to love you!