CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

An e-mail from an old friend

So, my best friend and next door neighbor growing up, Jennifer Frandsen, left me this wonderful e-mail about my dad that I wanted to share.
"Hey Mysti,
Just thought that I would share something with you. I want you to know how grateful I am that we lived next door to each other and that we where able to share our family's. I guess I never knew the extent of how your dad touched my brother until last night. Kevin and his wife got a house back at the beginning of the year, He has spent all summer fixing up the yard like he wants it. Putting in a coy fish pond, flower beds, trees, and bushes. I went over to his house last night to look at all the work that he has done, the whole time he was showing me his yard he kept saying "this is how mark had his yard, this is the way that mark planted his lilacs and bushes." He is designing his yard in the way that he felt your dad had his or would have it. Your dad was such a positive male role model for my brother when no one else was. He touched my brother in more ways then I think any of us realize.
Your dad will not be easily forgotten, we all have too many great memories with him.
Thank you
luv jen
"

This e-mail totally made my day! It make's me really happy to know that my dad had such a positive influence on Kevin. He's such a great kid, and to know that he is carrying on the tradition of my dad's beautiful gardens make me feel great.

6 comments:

Becky said...

I swear 90 percent of my memories of your dad was him working in your front yard and to this day my mom is always talking about your father's lawn/tulips/bushes/etc. It really was beautiful and something to take pride in. I'm glad that Jennifer shared that with you and you shared it with us.

Leslie said...

Oh Mysti! I miss your dad so much. He was always so good to me. I miss his humor the most. I love you and your family so much.

gina said...

Hey Mysti, I love your dad so much!! He was always so caring and patient when I was little. I even catch a glimpse of him in my oldest boy, kaden,when he smiles really big. I love his smile!!!

Karen said...

I'm so happy that you shared that! I know that we go through life and wonder if we ever made a difference, it's so nice to know what a help he was. I always knew he was doing alot for others. It's good to hear about them! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Marcie said...

My VERY favorite memories (it happened more than once) was when your dad would place money bets $$$ with Cody on who would win our 1-1 basketball games. Your dad always predicted I would win and I always did :) It sure made my self-esteem soar. Poor Cody.

the funny facers said...

Your dad was so awesome. I miss him so much too. I have so many great memories of him, He was so funny and so loving. my favorite memory is how he loved to tell EVERYONE that my first sentence was big damn bird (I wonder who I heard it from) I know he is proud of you for your grades and accomplishments. I know he loves you so much still (just like we love him) I know how hard it is for you and if you ever want someone to talk to call me or email me jodyfacer@yahoo.com love all of you guys