CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Water Aerobics

So, recently I took up going to a water aerobics class. I have been unhappy with my weight for some time now, so I decided to be proactive and try something new. Running and working out on treadmills and ellipticals is very unmotivating for me, and I am not coordinated enough to take a kickboxing class or a regular aerobics class, so I thought that I would try doing the water aerobics thing. I know that it has the stereotype of being for older people, but I have noticed a lot of people my age taking it up.
I started doing it about a month ago and I find it really motivating, and it definately kicks your butt, plus nobody can tell how uncoordinated you are underwater! Derek thinks that I am funny because after I get done and head to his house I'm super happy and excited. He's really proud of me for sticking to a schedule and actually trying hard to be healthy, and honestly, I'm proud of myself for keeping it up. I have a really short attention span, so if I'm not interested, I just quit!
I started off going by myself to the Murray Rec. Center, because it was close to my work ,but I decided to switch and go to Gene Fullmer because it is closer to Derek's house and because the class are at better times and work well for my schedule. I even got some old friend's from the old neighborhood going with me. It's been great catching up with them while getting a great work out!
If anybody is interesting in going, I go to the 7:30 class on Monday, Tuesday's, and if I don't have too much homework, I go on Wednesdays.

1 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sold on water aerobics. I think it's great you're being proactive. I really need to work on that, it's always so much easier to do nothing.