CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Weekend at the Cabin

I spent last weekend at Derek's cabin, and can I just say that it was really cold! We headed up on Friday night and spent the weekend inside the cabin, because it rained pretty much the whole time! We did go out so that the dog's could go to the bathroom, and of course get burr's stuck to them. The great thing about Sumo is that they just fall of off him, so I don't have to brush him every 5 minutes to get the burr's out.
Sumo was pretty funny on this trip, he kind of reminded me of a monkey. Derek's dog Tucker who is a Keeshond, has really poofy hair and it is a magnet for the burr's. Sumo was so cute, and he would go sit next to Tucker and pull the burr's out of his hair for him! We were all shocked that not only did Tucker let him do it, but that he knew how to pull them out with his teeth without hurting him.
On Sunday, there was a break in the rain, so we decided to head to the lake. The roads were really muddy, but the lake was gorgeous.
It was definitely a great trip, I wish I was going again soon, but I guess I'll have to wait until next spring to go.
Below are some of my favorite pictures from the trip. I took them with my Nikon Cool Pix point and shoot, and I didn't have a change to Photoshop them yet, but they are still pretty cool...


3 comments:

Becky said...

What a fun weekend. The pictures are beautiful.

gina said...

OOOhhhhh....I'm so jealous!! It looks gorgeous!! I think you should have my mom paint the cabin with all those beautiful fall leaves in the back ground!! It's so pretty there!!

Karen said...

Very wonderful photos!! You are talented in that area. I'm glad you had fun. It is getting soooo cold isn't it?