CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stone Temple Pilots

For Derek's Fake Birthday (His family celebrates his 1/2 b-day instead of his real one because he is a Christmas baby) I got him tickets to see one of his favorite bands the Stone Temple Pilots. I was kind of dreading this concert because I saw Scott Weiland (their lead singer) when he was with Velvet Revolver. Velvet Revolver has to be one of the worst concerts that I had ever been to, so needless to say I didn't think that I would enjoy myself! Boy, was I wrong!
STP had a local band opening for them called Royal Bliss. Royal Bliss was actually pretty decent for an opening band. I was a little disappointed that Wolf Mother didn't open up for them like we heard, but Royal Bliss way pretty decent.
What was great about the concert was that Derek and I were able to score front row seats on the left hand side of the stage. Scott Weiland and his bass player kept coming to the side of the stage that we were at and we were literally 15 feet away from them.
Scott Weiland was very entertaining and STP played all of the songs that I absolutely love.
Overall this was a great experience and is up at the top of my favorite concerts list after Pearl Jam who has to be my #1 favorite concerts of all time!
Anyways, here is a quick clip of STP in action.

1 comments:

Tiffany Jenson said...

sounds like fun, i love stp, well mostly older stuff.