CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's Been A While

It's been a while since I last posted anything. I have been pretty busy with summer classes, softball games, mini vacations, horse back riding and concerts!

Derek plays fast pitch and slow pitch softball each week. He usually plays 2 fast pitch games and 1 slow pitch game on Tuesdays and 1 fast pitch game on Thursdays. He also plays "Old Man" baseball as a sub for one of his friends teams. Needless to say, I'm pretty busy watching him play!

For Memorial Weekend we went to Derek's cabin which is located at Hidden Lake, near Smith & Moore House. We had a great time. I went hiking with his mom on one of the trails, and let's just say that I am out of shape!

Last Wednesday I took Derek's mom to the Matt Costa concert. The tickets told us that the concert started at 6:00 and the seats were all general admission, so we got there at 5:45 so that we could find a decent seat. We honestly stood out side the Avalon theatre until 7:00. We were kind of mad, but at least we had some nerds who set up "Rock Band" in the trunk of their car. It was pretty entertaining. Once we got into the concert we had a pretty good time. There were 2 unknown opening bands that played which were pretty decent, but the highlight of the night was definately when Matt Costa came out. He played for a good 2 hours and played a good mix of his first album and his new album. I have his music video for the song "Sunshine" which is my favorite song posted for you to check out.

This weekend I went on a short pony ride with my Uncle Daren. I got to ride my horse Pokey (he is actually my mom's horse, but she never comes up to ride him or anything so I claim him as mine) for the first time this year and it was so much fun. I took a lot of pictures, but I don't have them with me to post. Pokey did really well for his first time out.

I have a fairly busy week ahead of me. I have a huge midterm on Thursday as well as a Wedding to go to. I also might be going hiking at Timpanogos Cave on Sunday with Derek which should be a lot of fun.

1 comments:

Karen said...

That is so funny... my dogs name is Pokey! It sounds like you have had so much fun! I love watching baseball, I haven't gotten to lately. Our grandson, Quinton is playing little league, so I will get to go watch him!