CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Timanogos Cave & the Alpine Loop

Derek and I decided to take a hiking trip to Timpanogos Cave on Sunday. He knows one of the Rangers that gives tours of the cave and she suggested that we come up and check out how cool it was.



(Here are a couple pictures of me & Derek outside a small tunnel).

We hiked 1-1/2 mile long paved trail that has a 1,160 feet elevation gain. Poor Derek had to keep stopping and waiting for me to catch me breath because I am so out of shape! But our frequent breaks made it possible to catch the breathtaking view around us.



Even though we had frequent stops, we ended up making it to the top in about 20 - 30 minutes where is pretty good for how steep the trail is. Our tour was scheduled for 11:50 and we got to the top at about 11:25. When we got there we were greeted by Derek's friend Nancy. I just have to say that Nancy is the coolest, nicest person I have ever met. I would make that hike several times a week just to talk to her! She greeted us with hugs and was way excited to see us.


We went on the tour and learn so much stuff. Nancy pointed out the shapes that the Stalagmites and the Stalactites make and how they formed over time and stuff. It was really interesting and fun to learn about.




After the tour was over, Derek and I hiked back down and decided that we wanted to see more of the canyon so we ended up driving the Alpine Loop. It was so beautiful and peaceful! We just drove without knowing where we were going and we ended up at Sundance. We were going to stop and check it out but we both decided that we were really tired and wanted to head home. We ended up taking the long way and headed towards Heber and Park City, but it was worth it!




It was definitely a good day. Something that both of us desperately needed!

3 comments:

Tiffany Jenson said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD FUN. REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL DID THE TIMP HIKE WHEN WE WERE LITTLE? THOSE WERE SOME GOOD TIMES. LOVE YOUR BLOG.

Karen said...

I have never been there, even with living in SLC for my childhood. It looks beautiful and you two look so cute together. It's good to make such great memories together while you can! You do a great job on your blog! It's like you are here and I'm talking to you. Thanks!

Marcie said...

I love that hike! You look great! I can't believe that you are 25- I feel VERY old. What's that brother of yours up to?